I’ve come to a few different conclusions in these past few days. I am not the type of person to make new years resolutions, but this time it seems that my goal setting and New Years Eve have aligned, and so my goals for myself seem to have become resolutions.
- Living the “lukewarm” life for God is not the way to go. I’m bored out of my mind of a life where I am living with only one eye opened. I want to see all that goes on around me; I want to feel the pain and the joy. I don’t want to be living like I am half asleep. I am no where close to where I want to be with God, and I need to work on that.
- Basically, I want meaning. I want a reason to live. I want to be able to say “I am a Christ follower who is on fire for God” and truly mean it.
- I need to set aside time to recharge. There are times when I get way to caught up into life, and those times can bring me down. I need time to spend with God and get back on my feet.
- I need to start investing in people again. When difficulties have arisen I have pulled back from some of my relationships, and I that has taken a toll on me. When I don’t invest in other I do not reap the benefits that come from those relationships and I am sorely missing the absence of those benefits.
- I need to improve my work habits.
And most importantly…
- I need to make god “my life.” I don’t just want him to be “prominent in my life,” I need him to be the be-all and end-all of my existence.
The last goal is one that I am counting on taking a while, like maybe the rest of my life. But I figure that it is better to start sooner than later.
What are your goals?