As a Canadian travelling abroad I find all of these ridiculously true and it makes me miss my home and native land.
I am a Canadian.
1. Finding yourself regularly apologizing to inanimate objects that you bump into.
2. The uphill battle of texting with mittens on.
3. Faithfully buying roll-up-the-rim cups every day for two months, only to find the winner of the grand prize dug the cup out of a trashcan.
4. The tragic day in your life when you realized the house hippo doesn’t actually exist.
5. Having one of your major cities be known internationally as the city governed by the crack-smoking weirdo.
6. Quebec trying to break up with us every five minutes.
7. When traffic is held up by a flock of Canadian geese who are taking their sweet old time crossing the road.
8. Not being able to find a decent poutine or maple syrup when you go abroad.
9. Finding a sweet deal online — and then realizing you’re on the American version of the website.
10. Spellcheck refusing…
View original post 354 more words